Our Volleyball U19 Girls Take the Victory | 我们的 U19 女子排球队取得胜利
Last Wednesday marked a new milestone in QAIS history as our mighty U19 Girls’ Volleyball Team beat their opponents, Southlands School, in a thrilling match.
The great mood was set the moment we mounted the bus to drive towards our rivals as everyone was confident about our strengths even if some were a little nervous. The first game was won through great team work and the help of the powerful serves of Wendy Pak. The second game hit a hard spot as we battled till the end but had to give the game to our opponents. In the fast-paced third game our girls proved to be the stronger team with good communication and strong play. Confident with this win, they are now gearing up for the all schools tournament on November 18, 2017.
It would be great if you, too, could join us to cheer our volleyball team to victory and show the world we are proud of our sports program. Watch this space for more information on timings and venue. In the meantime, you can learn the basic rules of Volleyball below the photos.
上周三成为青岛美亚国际学校历史上的又一里程碑，我们强大的 U19 女子排球队在一场惊险的比赛中，战 胜了对手索斯兰中学。
当我们乘坐巴士朝对手前进时，大家的心情都特别好，因为每个人都对我们的实力非常自信，尽管有几个 人有一点紧张。第一局比赛在紧密的团队合作与 Wendy Pak 的强力帮助下取得了领先。第二局比赛打到了 一个艰难的赛点，我们一直战斗到最后，但仍旧落后于对手。紧接着的第三局比赛，我们的女孩们展示了 一支沟通顺畅、实力强大的强队风采。正是凭借对这场胜利的信心，她们决定参加 2017 年 11 月 18 日的 学校联赛。
Basic Volleyball Rules
- 6 players on the floor at any one time – 3 in the front row and 3 in the back row
- Maximum of 3 hits per side
- Points are made on every serve for wining team of rally (rally-point scoring).
- Player may not hit the ball twice in succession. (A block is not considered a hit.)
- Ball may be played off the net during a volley and on a serve.
- A ball hitting a boundary line is in.
- A ball is out if it hits an antennae, the floor completely outside the court, any of the net or cables outside the antennae, the referee stand or pole, the ceiling above a non-playable area.
- It is legal to contact the ball with any part of a player’s body.
- It is illegal to catch, hold or throw the ball.
- A player cannot block or attack a serve from on or inside the 10-foot line.
- After the serve, front-line players may switch positions at the net.
- Matches are made up of sets; the number depends on level of play. 3-set matches are 2 sets to 25 points and a third set to 15. Each set must be won by two points. The winner is the first team to win 2 sets. 5-set matches are 4 sets to 25 points and fifth set to 15. The team must win by 2 unless tournament rules dictate otherwise. The winner is the first team to win three sets.
- 随时保持 6 名队员在场上-3 名在前排，3 名在后排
- 每一方击球次数不得超过 3 次
- 球员不得连续 2 次击球（一次拦网不算作击球）
- 球触及边界线算作界内球 • 如果击中网绳、球场外的地面、网绳以外部分、裁判员或球网标志杆、天花板或其 他非比赛区域，均视为界外球。
- 球员可用身体任一部分触球 • 不允许接球、持球、掷球
- 球员不能在 10 英尺线或以内拦截或进攻发球
- 比赛由局组成；局的数量取决于比赛的级别。3 局比赛由 2 局 25 分和 1 局 15 分组 成。每局必须领先 2 分。率先取得 2 局领先的队伍获胜。5 局比赛由 4 局 25 分和 1 局 15 分组成。除非比赛另有安排，球队必须领先 2 分。率先领先 3 局的队伍获胜。